Tales of Fantasy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fall of the Sun

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Fall of the Sun Empty The Fall of the Sun

Post by inventiveAdventurer Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:35 am

Aurelia exited her home in the city of Shipton, parasol hoisted as soon as she stepped out the door. The morning sun already graced the city with light and warmth. She took in a deep breath and sighed. There was not a cloud in sight. It wasn't going to be an easy day for her. The noblewoman started walking down the cobblestone street lined with opulent homes. Her lilac dress swished quietly with each movement. It was narrower than most of the dresses people wore, lacking the excessive hoop skirts or petticoats, but the empire waist and white embroidery still made it beautiful and acceptable in most daytime settings. Her blue eyes were rimmed with powder that complimented the dress, and her lips were painted rose red. Everything about her posture screamed confidence. As she neared the marketplace she caught the eye of many a young man, but none dared to entertain more than a flickering fantasy of her attention. She noticed, but walked on.

After a time she came to a road overlooking the harbor. The stones were uneven and wobbly in places, but that was where she wanted to be. But her companion was late. The woman stopped at the edge in the shade of a building, taking in the scene before her. A ship was pulling into the dock, with many other recent arrivals unloading their cargo, and still more were being loaded and prepped for departure. It was a flourishing trade-one that she loved to exploit for her own benefit. She enjoyed it as well, as it was a hidden skill of hers. Not as hidden as her other more specialized skills, however.

Her thoughts were drawn back to the present by the sound of approaching footsteps. She didn't turn. "You're late," she crooned, slowly twirling the parasol in her hands. "Something I couldn't help," a male's voice replied. Aurelia turned her head to look at the source of the comment. It was a well-dressed man with brown hair in a crisp navy blue tailcoat, in dark pants and very new-looking leather boots. his hazel eyes watched her warily, and the corners of his mouth tipped down slightly. There was a silver necklace about his neck with a large ruby pendant on it, and it seemed to glow faintly in the dimmed morning light. "I'm sure it was," she commented sarcastically, allowing her lips to twitch up into a cold half smile. "Now, tell me. What is it you wanted to discuss?" The man fingered the pendant awkwardly, eyes shifting down to examine the cobblestones. "I'm not entirely sure our bargain can continue as it is," he stated softly. Aurelia's eyes narrowed slightly. It was too typical. "Rodwin... Walk with me," she ordered, stepping past him without another glance. He awkwardly followed, trailing just behind her as they went back toward the crowded market.

Leif stood on a ridge, overlooking the city as the sun climbed into the sky. From his vantage point he could see the entirety of the city, from the wealthy homes and central castle to the unstable shacks of the poor districts. To him it all seemed dull, too filled with gray. He couldn't see why humans liked to surround themselves with so much stone. He would've preferred the wooden homes that the less wealthy people lived in, but not by much. He looked at his feet, clad for the first time in moccasins. He wiggled his toes, lamenting the loss of mobility. He wanted to feel the grass on his feet again, but human cities were less kind to his feet than he would've liked. He had purchased the shoes from a traveling merchant, along with a shoulder bag he had packed with fruits, vegetables, and roots he gathered on the way there. He was never partial to meat; devouring the flesh of another living being seemed so feral and barbaric to him.

He looked back up at the city, deciding he might as well venture in. As he hated walking, he decided flying there would be easier for him. He lifted his gossamer wings, each about four feet in length, and set them into motion. The morning light turned them into a rainbow blur. His feet departed from the ground, and he set off soaring across the plain toward the city.

Leif touched down again just outside the city limits, allowing his wings to droop at his back once again. He stepped onto the worn dirt road leading into the city and started to walk. He entered one of the middle-class districts of the city, and the street changed to a cobblestone pavement. He was too busy looking at the buildings to notice, and his foot got caught on the edge of the stone. He stumbled forward. Some of the passersby stared at him for a moment as he caught his balance again. Any child he passed, whether he was tripping or not, stared at his wings. Fairies were a rare sight in most human settlements. Leif didn't notice much. He didn't exactly care. That is, until a commoner decided to touch him. An older child, a budding teen much like himself, pulled sharply on one of his wings while walking past. Leif stumbled yet again, backwards this time, grimacing in pain. He was thankful that the wings of his species were much more durable than the bugs they resembled. A simple touch wouldn't render them completely useless. After huffing in annoyance he continued on his way, pulling his wings more tightly to his frame.

Leif wandered into the marketplace, looking around at the stalls. The clamoring voices of the vendors calling out their wares was a little overwhelming to him. He hadn't ever seen anything like it before. He stood frozen for a while, watching the people go about their business in the chaos. To him it was chaos it its most pure form. Or impure, depending on which adjective one would want to use. Shaking his head again to regain clarity, Leif looked around. There were many shiny jewelry pieces for sale, fancy hats, tapestries, rugs, and other ornate pieces alongside the common wares of a market: fruits, grains, baked goods, vegetables, anything worth eating. He stepped forward slowly, hoping to explore the city and observe what happened there and how market shopping worked.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

The Fall of the Sun Empty Re: The Fall of the Sun

Post by Princess Holly Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:47 pm

It had been a busy morning they had awoken before dawn to ensure that all of the cargo had been properly relabeled before being unloaded from the ship. Now that the task was done, Winona was spending one last moment in the crow's nest. She loved the view of the ship and the sea from there. It was why she slept up there the night before. She was going to miss the ship and the crew. They may have seemed scruffy but they were nice as long as their buttons weren't pushed. All of them valued hard work and she made sure to work hard and provide the occasional gift. The seas could get cold so she made sure the crew were better equipped.

When the sun had broken free of the horizon, Winona took in one last lungful of the ocean breeze and began to make her way down to the deck.

"So this will be the last we see of you?" The Captain asked as Winona walked onto the ramp. She turned around to face him. He looked like a cruel man, there were several scars across his face. Near his eye, twisting his lip, and across his cheek. But there was a lightness about his eyes when he looked at her. He had children on land who he visited between trips. "Yes, this is the town my Master is in and my mother expects me to become an apprentice." He nodded "And there is no way to convince you otherwise." Winona began to walk down the ramp again. "Sorry Sir."

"Know that you are always welcome to join the crew once again."

Winona stood on the dock for a second taking it all in. It wasn't her first time but it felt special despite that. She was almost done with her journey. Soon she will find Aurelia and get the apprenticeship that would please her mother. Winona tightened her bags and began to make her way through the crowd.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Mythril awoke to a sharp rock jabbing her lower back. Somehow she had rolled onto one in the middle of the night or been so tired she had not noticed when she went to sleep. Either way, it was annoying. Myth sat up, brushed the pebbles off her back and looked at the cave she had been staying in the past few days. It was starting to feel familiar, almost like a home. She would have to leave it soon before it came to that.
It was dim in the cave, she had been sleeping deep inside of it, the furthest place from the entrance but far enough from the water that was further inside. A few paces to her left were her weapons and to her right, her supplies. Myth grabbed her flask only to realize it was empty. She would have to get up and find a spring or use the cave water if she wanted an early morning drink. Mythril groaned and rubbed her hands over her face before picking herself up off the ground and grabbing her things.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:03 pm

Aurelia strolled back into the crowded market, where everyone would be focused on themselves and no one would hear their conversation over the din of the merchants. "Why do you want to end the contract early?" she asked her companion, softly. "We discussed these misgivings and eventualities when you agreed to the arrangement." She cast a sideways glance at him, awaiting his reply. "Um, yes. But. I think someone noticed," Rodwin replied, lifting a hand to rub his neck. The woman chuckled, lifting her lips to hover just below his ear. They barely brushed his skin as she breathed, "Are you just paranoid, my pet?" He shivered slightly and leaned away, causing her to chuckle in response. "I know you're afraid," she continued. "But your fear doesn't mean anything to me. It matters as much as a soldier's fear matters before he is struck down in battle. Give me a better reason." The man visibly clenched his teeth. "You have others, don't you?" he asked. She shook her head. "I prefer to keep one at a time. It's less expensive, and I don't have as many names to memorize."

Rodwin sighed. "You aren't letting me out of this, are you?" he asked in a monotone, accepting his defeat. She smiled. "That would be correct. Now, are we done here?" she asked, examining her neatly trimmed nails. He grunted and stormed away into the crowded market. Aurelia watched him depart and smirked. "He's a spirited one," she said to herself. Then she continued her stroll, slowly twirling her parasol while humming to herself with the satisfaction of a lioness after the hunt.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:10 pm

"Excuse me! Ex- Excuse me!" Winona yelled as she maneuvered through the people. She wasn't sure if she was still trying to get their attention and ask for directions or just get out of the crowded street. She grabbed her hat before someone's elbow knocked it off. Then leaned against a wall away from the bustling people. Winona quickly made sure all of her belongings were still safe and stood on her tip toes, using the wall to keep her balance. Maybe she could look for Aurelia or someone else who looked rich. That would be a good start. She really should have thought this all through more.
Eventually Winona noticed a young woman with a parasol down by the market. She broke away from the wall and began to shove her way through the crowd towards her. Once close enough she began to call out "Miss! Your Fancyness! Please stop Miss!!"
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:23 pm

After a short time of strolling through the market Aurelia heard a child's voice calling out to her, presumably, as there weren't other people nearby that could be addressed as "Your Fanciness." She sighed under her breath and turned around, seeing a child in patchy clothing and an odd pointed hat barreling toward her. The woman was prepared to turn her nose up in annoyance, especially if it was one of the beggar children that ran rampant in the city. "What do you want?" she asked once the girl was closer, still holding her head up to add to her haughty and classy demeanor.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Winona had not expected it to be that easy. She thought it would take her at least a day to find her, but here she was before her. Winona could only stare for a few seconds, her breath having left her. Aurelia was beautiful, her hair long and silky, her skin smooth like cream, and her eyes sharp. "Aurelia...." Winona whispered and then her senses finally came back to her. She quickly took off her hat and bowed her head. "Miss Aurelia, if you would allow it. I would very much like to be your apprentice."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:55 pm

Aurelia watched in confusion for a moment before scoffing. The little girl thought herself a witch, and thought Aurelia was actually a worthy teacher. No one knew what she used to be anymore. "I'm sorry to disappoint you, dear, but I'm not famous anymore. If you want a famous mentor you should look elsewhere. I doubt I would be a worthy mentor to begin with," she stated, hoping to ease her out of the idea without ruining her public image. Sure the kid was cute, but Aurelia wasn't exactly the kind of person to take people under her wing.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:07 am

Winona smiled, she would not be deterred. "I do not want a famous mentor, I would have stayed home if that was it. I want one of the best and that's what you are and I am sure these years have only increased your skills." She placed her hat back on her head and began to make her case. "You will not have to teach me the basics, my mother made sure I was proficient before she allowed me to leave."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:37 am

Aurelia sighed. She couldn't exactly turn her away, even though she would rather not have a child to be responsible for. "Fine, I'll consider it. In the mean time tell me what you know." She started walking again, hoping the girl would follow. As she began to talk about what she knew, which quickly faded into background noise, Aurelia caught sight of two cloaked figures entering the marketplace. She watched them carefully because no one respectable would be wearing cloaks on a day like that. As she watched she saw one of them shake his hand free of his sleeve and cast a fireball, which went flying across the market. Aurelia's breath caught in her throat as she saw the target, but there was no time to react. It struck a barrel of cannon powder, igniting it in a thunderous explosion. She was knocked to the ground by the force of it. People were sent flying in every direction, and chaos ensued.

Aurelia was dazed. The first thing she realized was that her parasol was gone. She looked around for it slowly, and when she saw it she grabbed it. Once her senses were back she slowly sat back up. Looking around more, she saw the motionless forms of merchants and shoppers alike lying about the wrecked stalls and produce. Not a yard from her she saw Rodwin, empty eyes gazing seaward. His jacket was singed; he never had a chance. 'He was planning to escape anyway,' she thought, pulling the ruby pendant from his neck and storing it in her bodice. Looking to her other side she saw the girl stirring as well. She had survived the blast. "Get up," Aurelia ordered, shaking her gently. "We need to get away from here." she shut her parasol and got to her feet, ignoring the sun as it rained needles on her skin. She ducked as yet another explosion rocked the market, from the other side. People were sent screaming again, pushing and shoving in their haste to exit. Aurelia grabbed the girl's hand and took off toward the nearest exit, not wanting to gain an entirely heartless reputation. She had agreed to mentor the child, more or less.

A third blast went off, closer than the last. "Move," she muttered, dodging the panicked citizens. She was nearly knocked off her feet as one of the cloaked people ran past her. Where? Getting into position. There was going to be a fourth explosion. She looked around frantically, only to see the fourth barrel of powder five feet away. She released the girl's hand. "Grab this," she ordered, holding her parasol-handle up-out to her. Aurelia pressed her thumb to her fang, drawing blood, and swiped it across an intricate symbol carved into the bottom of the handle. "Commoveo," she breathed, and in a blur of light and color the two were standing on a rug in the foyer of Aurelia's home. A short while later the fourth explosion rocked the city. She took a deep breath, walking into the mansion further. "Follow me," she ordered, Walking to a stairway and continuing upward and onward to her living quarters.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:09 am

It was not long before Mythril found herself outside of the city. The question now was if it would be wise to enter or better to go around. Entering meant pushing her way through the crowd and threatening any and all who got too close. She could acquire more food and perhaps some bandages. Mythril had a tad less than what she was comfortable with carrying. The folks she had helped about a fortnight ago had needed quite a few.

Though, she did not desperately need anything and traveling through the city would not be worth it. The amount of time she saved would be hindered by the amount of people she would have to maneuver through and possibly deal with. The long way was looking rather appealing.

Then several large explosions came from the city followed by screams and smoke. It appeared fate had decided for her. Mythril let out a large sigh and rolled her shoulders before entering the gates. She grabbed the arm of a middle aged woman trying to leave the city. The woman squeaked and tried to break from her grip but stopped once she realized Mythril was not going to let her escape.

"What has happened and where?"
"Magic! The Market, the lower market, and near the docks." she cried.
"What kind of magic?"
"I do not know! Explosive!" She screamed and Mythril let her go. The woman didn't waste a second and ran away, nearly sobbing.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Leif was utterly shocked when the first explosion went off. Once he had recovered his senses and gotten away from the pushing and shoving masses, he spread his wings and took off into the sky. A few desperate civilians tried to grab onto him, but he didn't have the strength to carry any of them. He wished he could, faintly, but he was looking out for himself first. He had to, for the safety of his kingdom. The second explosion went off, and decided not to tarry. With a swift tilt of his body the fairy prince winged his way over the crowded streets and landed just outside the city.

The smoke billowed into the sky, thick and black, hiding the sun from view. It contrasted starkly with the bright blues and whites of the morning sky. The screams and cries were carried in by the wind, faintly audible. Then the first few survivors started streaming from the city. They looked terrified. All were coated in some form of ash or dirt. Some were bleeding from injuries. An aging mother was being helped along by her son, stumbling along the way.

Leif's heart went out to them. He found out he didn't like to see people suffer, even if they were commoners of a different country and race. Even though healing magic had never been his forte, he decided he would try to help. he walked over to them. The woman saw him first. She let out a quiet shriek of fear, attracting the attention of her son and escort. He glared at the prince. "Stay away from her. I've had enough of thieves trying to take advantage of us during this," he snapped. Leif replied, "I want to help her. It's insulting that you think I'd be a thief. I know a few basic healing spells. Accept my help. Your mother won't be able to go very far without it." It was blunt, but that was just how he acted. After a moment of silence he nodded, still keeping a grip on his mother. Leif slowly stepped closer and identified her worst injury-a gash on her head. He gently placed his finger over the cut, drawing a hiss of pain from the woman, and quickly muttered the proper healing spell. It was the strongest one he could remember. When he lifted his finger a scar remained. The son nodded his thanks and quickly urged his mother to follow him again. "Goddess bless you," the woman breathed with a small smile before following. Leif nodded and returned to watching the city.

Aurelia entered her room leaving the door open. There was nothing she would need to keep hidden from the little girl following her. There was an ornate canopied bed on one wall, with a circular embroidered rug in the center of the room. The windows had thick curtains drawn closed over them to shut out the sun. The witch snapped her fingers and the chandelier hanging overhead sparked to life with fifteen individual candles, ensuring the room wasn't entirely dark. There was a separate door in the room leading to a closet, which Aurelia quickly opened.

She stepped inside and walked past the rows and rows of dresses, pushing most of them on the back wall aside to view a single symbol on the wall. Below it she traced a different symbol with her nail, and the wall dissolved to reveal a secret compartment holding a single trunk and a bag beside it. Aurelia picked up both. The fake panel returned and she pushed the dresses back into place before bringing the trunk and bag out of the closet. "Pay attention, child, this is your first lesson. Always have an escape plan," she briefly said. Then she handed the bag-filled with gold-to the kid and grabbed her parasol again. "Remember, what you steal is that much less we'll have to live on until we can reach safety." With that she exited the mansion again and locked the door. "Stay close," she ordered again, briskly walking through the streets. Many people had already exited the city, but there were still many trying to reach the safety of their homes or the countryside. The smoke provided slight cover from the sun, but it still hurt her skin. She ignored it and pressed on. But when she rounded a corner she collided with someone very sturdy. The trunk threw off her balance, so she dropped it and braced her hand on a stone building. "Watch yourself!" she barked to the person, seeing she had gray hair. But she was young. There had to be magic afoot. In addition the girl was running into the city instead of out. Why? Naive aspiring hero? Not smart.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Winona followed Aurelia on her mad journey. She was excited about being accepted but absolutely terrified. The world was combusting and the sky was growing dark. It looked like war was occurring. She had never seen war before but she imagined this was it. Winona wished her mother was there to comfort her but she was far away at home.

Once they were in what Winona assumed to be Aurelia's home, Aurelia left her side to gather things in her room. Winona allowed herself a few seconds to marvel at the room before her. She had never been anywhere so expensive before and seen so many valuable belongings. Then the moment was over and she hurried towards Aurelia's side.

She paid apt attention to the woman and took the heavy bag without complaint. And before she knew it they were on the streets again.

There were so many people screaming and injured, left behind by the main crowd. They were making their slow way to safety now. Winona would have tried to help if it wasn't for the heavy bag she was carrying. It was slowing her down and she would have to run every now and then to catch up to Aurelia.

"Watch yourself!" Aurelia yelled at a young lady she had run into. Winona stopped running and began to catch her breath.

`````````````````````````````````````````````

Mythril surveyed the woman before her, it was an elf and a rather rich one. "You are the one who ran into me. Take your own advice." She bit back. Elves were always so high and mighty, Mythril had no tolerance for them or anyone with that attitude.

She knelt down in front of the child. The little girl was obviously of no blood relation to the woman. She was carrying a rather expensive looking bag, Mythril assumed it was the woman's. "Are you alright?" Myth asked as she reached out to wipe the little girl's tears. The little girl nodded "A few scratches is all, Miss." Mythril nodded and asked her next question "Do you know what happened?" . The little girl took a deep breath as if to steady herself and spoke "People in cloaks, one made a fireball. I didn't see them enter, I only noticed when I saw fire."

Last edited by Princess Holly on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Aurelia raised an eyebrow. She wasn't used to being so blatantly ignored. "It was an obviously premeditated attack, if that's what you're wondering," she stated curtly. "Trying to heal anyone won't make a difference. The attackers won't stay, they will have made their escape already." She glanced around to check for possible scavengers, since they were commonly drawn to chaos, and picked up her trunk again. "If it suits you, perhaps we could continue on our way?"
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:20 pm

At Aurelia's words Winona grabbed the grey girl's hand "Come with us? It will be safer." She said and hoped Aurelia wouldn't mind the company. The grey girl's eyes widened in shock. Her forehead crinkled as she considered it and she looked away from Winona. She was studying the smoke, thinking of those inside. Winona persisted "Please?" The girl lowered her head and sighed. "Alright."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Aurelia sighed in disdain. Another tag-along was the last thing she needed, especially the short-worded being they had encountered. "Very well. Now let us continue. Or do you want to stay around for any possible after attacks?" she commented sarcastically, opening her parasol before she started walking again. It provided relief, but her skin still stung from prolonged exposure to the sunlight.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:27 pm

Winona handed the bag to the grey girl and followed Aurelia. They walked in silence until Winona spotted a fairy a few feet away. "Fairy Sir, Sir Fairy! It's dangerous here!" She hollered at him. Fairies were known to be peaceful, he would be easy pickings for the bad guys. they couldn't let that happen to him.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:47 pm

Leif was watching the citizens flee from the city, until a group of three people came out. The human child called to him. She was the first person who seemed to care. He reflected that a child's innocence was rarely found so purely in that world anymore, so he decided to trust the child. The elf she was with already looked rather annoyed, and she rolled her eyes at the child's statement. They were also accompanied by a nymph, a rare sight in human cities as far as he knew. He walked over to them. "I have been healing injured survivors," he countered. "I don't see any reason to stay here, though, so I will accompany you."

Aurelia looked elsewhere, trying to push her annoyance down. It was unbecoming of a lady of her station to show annoyance so openly. To distract herself she surveyed the surroundings, until she caught sight of someone exiting the city in the shadows. As she watched the man-for it was obvious then that the figure was male-discarded a cloak and carefully cut his forehead with a dagger, feigning an injury, before stumbling out of the city. She immediately cast a spacial binding spell, and the man became frozen in place as if time had paused. She decided to leave the others to their conversation and talk things over with the man, so she started walking toward him.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:13 am

Winona smiled and clapped her hands "Great! I'm Winona, this is..." She gestured towards the armored girl but realized she hadn't asked her for her name. "Mythril" she plainly supplied. Winona recovered from her slip with a bright smile, "And this is Aurelia." but Aurelia was no longer standing beside her. Winona searched for her and noticed that her master was approaching a man.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Leif nodded. The elf didn't seem to care about many people besides herself, so he decided to disregard her existence for the moment. "Pleased to meet you," he said flatly. "I am Leif Everstar, second-born prince of the fairies." Then he looked at Mythril. "You look like a human, but you aren't, are you?" he asked, wanting to see if she would reveal her identity for herself.

Aurelia, meanwhile, examined the culprit for a moment. "So you're one of the people behind this. Why? What is the purpose of it all?" she asked, remotely modifying the spell to allow him to speak. "He will feed on the fear!" the man snarled cryptically. "The Southland sun will darken, and Valeria will crumble! The world will be under his shadow!" Before Aurelia could act the man barked out a spell, and a small purple pellet appeared in his mouth. He swallowed it, and shortly began to foam at the mouth. "May the Dark One take me," he choked out, before going still. She let his body fall and swore under her breath. "That was a bit short sighted of me," she muttered. "They can't be behind it, there's no way they gathered enough followers..."
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Mythril was surprised that they ran into a prince and he so easily shared his identity. There were those who would misuse that information. She hadn't realized pacifism and naivety were the same thing. Or he was an idiot, probably an idiot if he thought she looked human.
"Obviously" She replied and followed after the elf. She was talking to someone but all Mythril could overhear was "May the Dark One take me" before he died. He didn't immediately collapse when he died so it was obvious the elf, Aurelia according to the child, was a magic user. Mythril agreed that she should have known the culprit, Mythril was assuming he was, would not wish to be captured alive.
"Followers?" She asked because she didn't believe people collectively followed the dark one. It was more of a nutcase here and there who worshiped him. Eventually they die in magical accidents. She had no idea it could be an actual practiced and organized religion. Her area of expertise was hunting down slavers.

``````````````

"A fairy prince, huh? I've never met royalty before. Is it fun?" Winona asked after Mythril left them. She decided not to follow, the adults were doing adult things. It was better to leave them to it.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:55 pm

"Apparently," Aurelia answered. "His cloak is in that side street over there," she said, pointing in that direction. If there was any other clue as to further plans or plots, it would be in that cloak or on him. "It might not be ethical to most, but I'll have to search him for written orders or any other signs. If you could check the cloak for anything noteworthy that would be excellent." With that she began to search his pockets. She didn't find much, just a few marginal coins and some herbs that were exceedingly common. "So they were smart enough to discard anything important," she muttered, standing back up.

Leif shrugged. "It can be boring at times. The tutors are all dull. I escaped by going on this journey, but human culture has been quite dull. Literally, these stone buildings are all drab. Dead. I prefer the forest." He looked over at the nymph and the elf, and decided he wanted no part of their activity.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:02 am

Mythril nodded before running off to go collect the cloak. As she brought it back to Aurelia, she examined it. The cloth seemed cheap except for the clasp. It was made from iron, probably to keep it out of fae hands. Mythril took it off of the cloak and began to examine it more closely. It was a symbol representing battle or war, and there were engravings on the back. The engravings were a ward, it would cause most people to not notice them, they would have a hard time focusing on the wearer.
Mythril held out her hand for Aurelia to see her find. "Symbol for war, ward causes others loss of focus. Cloak is cheap." She summarized and turned her attention towards the children. They seemed to still be alright and hadn't moved.
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by inventiveAdventurer Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:01 am

Aurelia sighed and shook her head. For someone on a potential suicide mission it made sense for the cloak to be cheap. But if that religious sect was developing into a full blown cult, which it probably had if they organized something of that nature, then that was a bad sign. "If war is their goal, what for?" she mused to herself. After a moment of puzzling she remembered an old acquaintance, or contact, of hers that lived in Southland. He was more involved in the darker undercurrents of religion, and if anyone knew about the attacks and rising cult it would be him. Belatedly she realized the vision obscuring ward might have given her away, since she wasn't acquainted with how the elves were affected by it, but no one had to know she spotted the attackers easily. She kept her mouth shut. "I should take the cloak. It might prove useful, and maybe an old friend of mine will know more about where it's from," she said, picking up the cloak from Mythril's outstretched hand.
inventiveAdventurer
inventiveAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Holly Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:23 am

Mythril crossed her arms and continued to consider Aurelia's question. She knew she hadn't been asked but it wouldn't hurt to provide input. Mythril realized that the answer was rather simple. Those who were insane enough to worship the Dark One, did so for the power. Perhaps they wanted political power now? The power of Kings. "Power." Mythril said and realized she should clarify since the subject of conversation had shifted. "The followers want power. That's what war is for."
Princess Holly
Princess Holly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next